Connect will soon be implemented in our school.
Connect is a safe and free learning, support and communications platform developed by the Department of Education WA for staff, students and parents in public schools. Connect enables parents to engage with their child’s learning easily and safely online. (A short video on Connect is available at https://vimeo.com/connectwa/welcome). Starting this year, Semester 1 and 2 Reports will be available for parents through Connect.
Parent access to Connect: An email will soon be sent to all parents with their own secure login to Connect. (If your email address has changed, please call the school immediately to advise of your updated details).
You will be able to log into Connect on any internet-connected device and may also receive notices from Connect that will be sent to you as either an email or a notification on your phone. A free app called Connect Now can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store and will let you receive Connect notices as push notifications.
If you have multiple children, you only need one login – even if your children attend different public schools. When you log into Connect you will be able to see information specific to your own child/ren.
Examples of the information you can access in Connect:
Semester 1 & Semester 2 Reports Notifications from individual teachers
Whole school notifications Attendance records
Classroom learning activities
Further information will be sent home shortly.
We hope that you enjoy the Connect experience and see it as an exciting new way for you to stay in touch with your child’s school education.
Please note that by registering for Connect you are accepting the Conditions for Use as detailed below.
Connect -Conditions Of Use For Parents
- Only parents or responsible persons as defined in the School Education Act 1999 and verified by the school will be given access to Connect.
- Any person/s signing up for the service understands his/her responsibility for keeping the service access details (username and password) confidential.
- The Department of Education does not accept responsibility for any event arising from unauthorised access or use of Connect.
Limits of the Service: The Department of Education provides Connect as an online service for teachers, students, parents and Department staff. Connect is a communication channel that schools may use to communicate with parents/guardians on matters impacting student education. The Department of Education does not undertake to provide all student-related information via Connect.
When using Connect, I agree that:
- The information contained in Connect is personal and private information.
- I will not interfere with network security, the data of another user, or attempt to log into the network with a user name and/or password of another user.
- If I become aware of unauthorised access to my parent account I will immediately inform the school.
- I consent to the logging, monitoring, auditing and disclosure of my use of Connect.
- Any breach of these conditions for which I am responsible will result in my access to Connect being suspended or revoked.